Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No D-BUSH/6/26
Title Map book of the Bush Estate belonging to John Francis Meyrick, esquire, by Thomas Lewis. Maps are mostly coloured with references giving names of fields, state of cultivation and acreages (statutory and local). A small number of the maps have elaborate cartouches and some of the maps of coastal areas include small drawings of ships. The areas mapped are: Bush Demense, in the parish of St Mary, Pembroke
Description The areas mapped are:
Bush Demense, in the parish of St Mary, Pembroke
Imble in the same parish
East and West Lanion (Llanion) in the same parish
Windor Hill in the same parish
Several fields near Pembroke
Grove in the parish of Monkton
Windmill Hill in the same parish
Hill Tenement in the parish of St Michael
Carew Newton in the parish of Carew
Satson and Cotchiland in the same parish
Cirt Church in the same parish
Frogton in the same parish
Hayes in the same parish
The demesne and lordship of Norchard in the parishes of Manorbier and Penally
Gumfreston, Wedlock and Astridge in the parish of Gumfreston

Scales given

With loose papers as follows

Manuscript and typescript copies of conveyance of piece of land (8a. 1r. 10p.) between high and low water marks on south shore of West Llanion Pill (i. e. by Front Street), with plan

1 HM The Queen
2 Commissioner of HM Woods, Forests and Land Revenue
3 Lewis Mathias of Lamphey Court, esquire, sole trustees of the will of Thomas Meyrick late of Bush, esquire, deceased 31/07/1858

Letters from Law, Hussey, and Hulbert, Lincoln's Inn, to C. L. Clark, Bush Estate Office, regarding the legality of Mr Meyrick's proposal to build a dock and sea wall on the foreshore of West Llanion Pill; they include copies of earlier correspondence with the Admiralty, 1859, and opinion of Counsel
March 1864 - December 1865

Correspondence regarding payment of bill for printing of Bush Estate leases
March - April 1865

Plan of foreshore of West Llanion Pill showing boundaries of the Bush Estate, Admiralty, GWR and War Department Property
Post 1875

Letter from British Railways to Cooke and Arkwright enclosing plan showing boundary of British Transport Commission land on the west side of Water Street
18/10/1955

Photocopy of plan of Norchard farm
1772

Tracing of part of plan of East and West Llanion
1772

Letter from the National Library of Wales to the Bush Estate Office regarding photocopying of the map book
21/04/1959
Date 1772
AccessStatus Open
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010