Description | Contains a wide variety of material including:
Marriage licence for Tom Enoch and Margaret Thomas both of Aberporth, also marriage licence for Simon Jones of Aberporth and Mary Elizabeth Harper of Blaenporth
Items relating to the building of Aberporth Rectory Building c.1913 including building fund accounts, correspondence, list of donations, particulars of Glebe Lands used for Rectory and builders' estimates.
Copy of part of Cardiganshire Ordnance Survey sheet XXX.11 c.1907 entitled Tithe District of Aberporth with Church, school and areas of land coloured and outlined as well as wider view of the village and some surrounding farms. Only tithe apportionment number 186 marked.
Copy of part of Cardiganshire Ordnance Survey sheet XXX.11 c.1907 entitled Tithe District of Aberporth with Church, school and with additional areas of land coloured and outlined as well as wider view of the village and some surrounding farms, associated correspondence regarding the Tithe Redemption Commission under the 1936 Tithe Act attached regarding the apportionment of the annunity for a paricular tithe area . Only tithe apportionment number 186 marked. Dated 1947
Copy evidently produced from the Cardiganshire Ordnance Survey sheet XXX.11 c.1907 entitled Rough Copy of Tithe Redemption Commision Plan showing existing tithe areas and proposed sub divisions - 21st October 1947
Hand drawn plan of the interior of Aberporth Church used to plan for the lighting of the Church - 1935
Legacy correspondence 1931
Programme for A Pagent of the Months by the children of St Cynwyl's Aberporth by Candle Light at the Village Hall, 26 April 1952
Items from the Mary Owen Fund c.1960
Church and Churchwarden accounts c.1970
Abstract of Title to The Plas Estate in the parish of Aberporth, 1925
Supplemental Abstract of Title of Mr J J George to Plas in the parish of Aberporth, 1927
Detailed plan of St Cynwyls Church, Aberporth, 1939 by W E Ellery Architect, Cheltnam and Hereford
Frondeg correspondence regarding Frondeg legacy to the Church c.1930
Parish magazines April 1951 and September 1952
Order of Service for the unveiling and dedication of the heating and electric light installation given by Miss Gladys Williams, Penrallt in memory of her parents 4th October 1936
Book - Appeal Fund for the Church in Wales listing donations to the Million Pound Fund up to 31st January 1921
Order of Service - Dedication of memorial and other gifts by the Lord Bishop of St Davids 8th October 1939
Sketches of Aberporth Church in 1946 by Major Richards and black and white photograph
Electoral Roll, 1954
Renovation Fund accounts 1939-1940
Tremain Church Fire Insurance Policy including valuation of the buidling for insurance and particulars of allocation of insurance sums, 1950
Aberporth Church Fire Insurance Policy including valuation of the building for insurance and partiuclars of allocatin of insurance sums, 1954 and 1957
Correspondence and accounts regarding the replacement of the Church Organ 1940-41 including image of a model under consideration.
Approval from the Archdeacon of Cardigan for Aberporth Church to install two flags, namely the Union Jack and White Ensign on suitable standards within the Sanctuary 27 October 1950 (presumably the flags from HMS Cardigan Bay)
Copy return for Bishops Visitation April 1938 [valuation day May]
Second appeal for funds for the rebuilding and refurnishing of the parish Church, including brief overview of the parish, condition of previous building, location of current Services, list of contributors and drawing of the new building. 1855
Copy of questions and answers regarding the Triannual Visitation of the Bishop, 1941.
Copy of answers regarding the Triannual Visitation of the Bishop, 1944
Copied extracts (and accompanying correspondence) regarding the Abstract of Title to dwelling house and premises known as Penygraig, Aberporth. June 1946. Copied information dates from 1882 and 1927
Leather book book listing those who sponsered the improvement of the Altar and Sanctuary during the renovation of the Church, October 1939
Provisional Valuation under the 1910 Finance Act regarding duties on land values for the Church and Burial Ground of St Cynfil's Church, Aberporth. 29th October 1913
Details, dates and costs regarding dealings between The Representative Body of the Church in Wales (per Aberporth Parochial Church Council) to Baker, Morris and Owen Solicitors, Carmarthen as to the gift by Reverend D J Evans and others of a piece or parcel of land situate in the parish of Aberporth to extend St Cynfil's Chuchyard. 1932
Correspondence regarding the replacement of the lecturn and pulpit given by the recepients grandfather, also correspondence regarding the plot of ground occupied by the Plasyberllan graves
Plan detailing the placing of the cables servicing the Church and connecting the school. 30th September 1939
etc.
|